Hi.
Does anyone know what driver and horn this is ?
The bass driver is a 421-8h.
![]()
Hi.
Does anyone know what driver and horn this is ?
The bass driver is a 421-8h.
![]()

Trying to be polite, it is University junk that Altec tried to sell to get into the low end market. Not one of Altec's better ideas.
The Hi-Freqs stuff is all University. Driver was probably a T50...has a very nice big upper midrange peak with virtually no HF or low mid response.
The bass speaker is the value of that unit IMHO.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Thx, I was hoping for a 902 driver in there
Then I wont bid on them as I have no use for the 421-8h.

Sorry about the bad tidings...sincerely, I wouldn't recommend a T50 even to someone I DIDN'T like....
Are you in need of a pair of small formats? I know of a clean pair of alnicos needing new frams, they could be bought cheaply. Unfortunately I think the frams are 90 or so each....
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
I have three 902-16HF with alu frams (34852), and one 908-8B with a pascalite (26420) fram.
So I don?t need more drivers at the moment, but you know you can never have too many old loudspeaker drivers
I have also looked at a pair of 811B horns with 802-8G drivers on them, but the backchambers have had the terminals removed, and a couple of holes drilled through to the wires.
What is a reasonable price for such a pair, and does the 802 drivers sound as good as the 902 ? I have read that people generally think the 902 sounds better.
![]()

Sound is a matter of taste sometimes but I like the 802G better actually, it will go lower than the 902...
That cover is supposed to be sealed. Replacement ones are availble from Great Plains.
I would be a little leery...I would open and inspect the frams, I would also try to verify they are true Altec frams.
I would consider them distressed product and offer accordingly...I doubt i would offer more Than $300 for the set....less if i could get it....
It's a project, not a worling set IMHO. And when stuff has ben messed with their can be hidden issues....
Sad that someone knew so little they did that...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks